We are so excited to share how mambi Design Team member Janna Wilson included her homemade Buttermilk Biscuit recipe into The Happy Planner™ Recipe Organizer, and how in doing so - she then was inspired to create a card and hostess gift of biscuits and mix.
About these projects, Janna writes:
"I’m looking so forward to the holidays! ...and my Happy Planner™ is feeling the love with so much to do to prepare! I decided the first recipes I had to add to my new Recipe Planner my holiday go-tos. My little boy was sick earlier this month, so I took the opportunity to play and plan and cook while he was resting. His sick day breakfast request: mama’s homemade buttermilk biscuits and gravy!
When I make these up I usually go ahead and mix up some extra batches to store for later. Also, I remembered that these make a sweet hostess gift! Considering the holidays that are coming, this would be a great time to plan ahead. With my extra batches of biscuits prepared, I pulled out some of my favorite mambi supplies to put together a hostess gift ready to go out the door!"
To create the 'Give Thanks' CARD, Janna completed the following steps:
- Create a card that measures 4 x 5 1/2 inches and trim it into a pennant shape with scissors
- Layer on a piece of the 'Big City Brights' black & white stripe paper and stitch with a contrasting color for a little accent
- Mount the SOFT SPOKEN™ 'Give Thanks' sticker onto gold paper from the Fave Sheets and trim around it with scalloped scissors
- Add three of the sparkly leaves from the SOFT SPOKEN™ 'Give Thanks' pack
- Write the recipe prep for your recipient (or maybe print a little card) inside your card so they will know how to prepare their mix
For the 'Happy Thanksgiving' PACKAGE, Janna followed these steps:
- Package biscuit mix into the treat sack and seal tightly (if you’re not ready to give this, just store in the fridge)
- Punch a 2″ circle from 'Big City Brights' gold foil dots paper and mount 'Happy Thanksgiving' sticker to the front.
- Punch with a 1/4″ hole punch at top and tie on to bag with string