Today we're not only sharing the minty goodness of this weekly Happy Planner™ spread by mambi Deisgn Team member Jen Randall, but we're also sharing her top six tips for approaching your planner each week. Continue reading for details.
click images below to enlarge
About these pages, Jen writes:
"The layout process is pretty straight forward & I find that I do the same thing every week. I want to TRY adding pictures here and there like all of you fancy Happy Planner™ girls, but for now: stickers and pen make up my style. :)"
"I thought I'd share a few tips for all you fellow planner newbies that are helping me along my new planning journey..."
- Set aside a specific time each week for planning. For me, it's late Sunday afternoon or evening. It's the perfect time to reflect on the past week, collect my thoughts, and plan my attack for the upcoming week. Sometimes it's a quick 10 minutes and other times it seems like hours because I'm having so much fun with all the mambi goodness!
- Limit your resources. Seriously! Do you collect all kinds of planner & scrappy things like me? IT can be so overwhelming. If you have a large amount of (fabulous) stuff, use a basket or tray to "shop" your own stash. Use only this for planning the week.
- Get sketchy! I LOVE all the Happy Planner™ stickers and I love using them. So much cuteness! But, I also like to add my own flavor to the week, and so I sketch. I knew I was going to be working on my house several times this particular week so I drew a house sketch. So fun!
- Add lots of inspiring quotes and words. The new Create 365™ line has so many items to choose from to make your planner not only incredibly happy but super positive. I love getting a little punch of inspiration when looking over my week. Don't you!? Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
- Use the side bar to the left for the same thing each week. This will simplify your planning process. I always start with a weekly To Do list, followed by an inspirational scripture or quote, and finish it up with a sticker.
- Most important: HAVE FUN!
We couldn't agree with Jen more, and these tips will certainly make for more focused planning in our Happy Planners™! Hooray! Go forth and live creatively!