Happy Labor Day, planner babes! It's hard to believe the August week that's featured was a whole month ago, but we're sharing how mambi Design Team member Jen Randall memory planned it in the BIG 'Stay Golden' Happy Planner™. Jen also included tips for how to include more photos on weekly spreads.
About these pages, Jen writes:
"I absolutely LOVE documenting 2016 in my Happy Planner™. But, let me admit that I may sometimes take a bazillion (no really, it's a problem) photos on any given day or for a certain event. So, if you are like me and want more space for pictures in your planner, here are a few ideas to gain more 'photo real estate' on your weekly spreads.
1) Use the front of a POCKET PAGES™ card - This is one of my favorite things to do. Not only do they make great spots to journal, but you can add a pint size photo right to the front (where space allows) like I did with those darling sandy feet, above. I was able to keep the beauty of the 4x6 card - the inspiring words and a photo - while still including my memory in the corner. That makes me happy!
2) Use the back of a POCKET PAGES™ card for full photo - I love the impact of a full size photo in my memory keeping Happy Planner™. I use so many little pictures to fit in the boxes that changing it up & adding in some larger photos looks great. All I had to do was print & attach the 4x6 photo to the back of the card.
3) Snap-in Tabs! - These are fabulous to use. I big puffy heart LOVE them. If you have a photo you want to add, but you don’t want to use The Happy Planner™ Punch directly on the picture – Snap in Tabs are PERFECT. All I had to do was trim down the tab and adhere it to that 3x4 picture. Easy!
4) Add photos to the side bar - This year I have been using the side column as a space for jotting down the things I am grateful for throughout the week. There is usually some left over space that is a prime spot for more photos. I love placing some of my favorite pics here!
5) Make a Flip-Up - This is a fun way to add more space to one of the rectangular boxes. With the addition of the Flip-Up, I had space for 3 pictures instead of just one. Perfect. It is super easy to make too. All I did was trim white card stock to about 5.25” x 1.75”. Then I folded the card stock in just about half. I wanted the top flap to be a bit shorter than the bottom, so I didn’t fold it perfectly in half. I added decorative mambi washi tape to the bottom of the Flip-Up and then adhered the whole thing to my planner. Finally, I added my pictures & decorated. SO fun!