'Happy Halloween' Home Decor
About this project, Jen writes:
" I love making DIY decor projects for various holidays. Halloween can be a bit tricky because I don't want to make anything too scary for my kids. I love that the Happy Halloween set of mambiSTICKS is perfectly spooky without being too scary."
Here is how Jen put this fun project together...
1) Find a wood frame that you like. Jen used an inexpensive wood frame from Michaels.
2) Paint the frame black and set it aside to dry.
3) While the frame dries, remove the 4x4 piece from the center and cover it with a Halloween inspired print from the Expandable Paper Pads. I used Mod Podge to glue the paper.
4) Once the frame is dry, choose another pattern from the Expandable Paper Pad and cover the frame using the same process. (Trace around the outer & inner part of the frame.)
5) Now, take the center piece and create away! Layer some cardboard (painted black), Creepy Cloth (that's what the package said! It's just spider web like cloth found in the Halloween decorations aisle) and some fabulous large mambiSTICKS Black Alphas. When you are ready glue it all down.
6) Add some gesso or white paint around the outside of the frame to age it a bit.
7) Add stickers or other embellishments to the frame! So fun! (Tip: To add dimension add a bit of cardboard to the back of the mambiSTICKS before you glue them down.)
'Pumpkin Spice' Shadow Box
About this project, Katie writes:
"I was recently inspired to put a seasonal shadowbox on display to make seasonal decorating even easier. Instead of dragging a box of holiday decorations out of storage each season, I'll be able to quickly update my shadowbox with supplies from my craft stash.
I'll likely keep my shadowbox displays on the simple side, so I don't feel guilty to change them often. I already have so many fun ideas; I'm going to need to update it a couple times a month if I want to fit them all in!"