Today we're sharing an Easter holiday craft with you all that mambi Design Team member Jen Randall created with her daughter. This mambiSHEETS Easter egg is a great project to do with kids since the steps are simple enough for any kid to follow, and the final product always looks just as it's supposed to.
click the images to enlarge
On her inspiration for the project, Jen writes:
"When I was a teacher, one of the Easter/Spring projects I did with the students was to make a large paper egg and cover it with strips of construction paper. At times we also used pretty floral or bright wrapping paper. When I saw the beautiful soft patterns in the two new baby-themes mambiSHEETS paper pack, I thought they would be perfect to recreate that same project with my own kids. The fun colors in the Teal, Pink & Gold paper pack would make a bright contrast too! I love construction paper, but nothing can beat mambi's gorgeous scrapbook paper."
On her process, Jen writes:
"The process is super easy! Grab a large egg pattern (create your own, have the kids draw one, or print one from the web), but it out, and trace onto a manilla folder. Cut a bunch of eggs depending on how many you want to make. Choose some of your favorite papers from the new packs and cut stripes with a paper trimmer. I made my paper strips about 3 quarters of an inch. Now that all the paper is cut, you are ready to get your glue on!
Have the kids (and you too!) begin to glue the strips onto the egg in which ever order they like. Once the entire egg is covered with the strips, cut off the excess from around the egg. ....and you're done! You have a super cute patterned egg ready to display!"
For a mixed media twist, Jen writes:
"The eggs could easily be left as is because they are just too cute! But, I wanted to add a bit more. On my egg, once the stripes were glued down I added some white gesso to the top. I always LOVE the way pretty patterned paper looks peeking through some gesso. It must be the mixed media artist in me! I wanted to add the words 'Happy Easter' to the top with some mambiSTICKS alphas. The letter stickers were not "popping" off the egg as much as I wanted them to at first, so I spread some white modeling paste under the place I wanted the words. This was exactly what it needed. I love how they turned out!"