Let's create beautiful stationery with positive statements and gold foil treatment, shall we? That's what mambi Design Team member Janna Wilson did with our two Frame & Craft Elements Pads and some craft envelopes from Hobby Lobby.
click images below to enlarge
About this craft, Janna writes:
"One of my absolute favorite products to craft with is the me & my BIG ideas Frame & Craft Elements pads. So many possibilities and all that shiny gold foil! I thought it would be fun to create a giftable Kate Spade-inspired boxed set of stationery with these brights, stripes and the luxury gold foil accents and quotes. I ended up loving the cards so much, I'm not sure I can give the boxed set as a gift!
My set includes eight cards with kraft envelopes that have matching envelope liners. The pre-printed quotes make the cards so easy!"
Here's what you'll need:
- me and my BIG ideas™ Frame and Craft Elements pads
- 'Friends' mambiKIT scrapbook kit
- five sheets of 8.5" x 11" white cardstock
- eight A2 envelopes (Janna's were from Hobby Lobby)
Steps to create cards:
- Cut 4 sheets of 110 lb. white cardstock in half to create eight cards that are 5.5" x 11" - score 4.25" from short edge and fold in half to create the folded note card.
- Trim favorite quotes and patterns from the pad and kit papers and cut into 4.25" x 5.5" pieces and adhere to card fronts. Some of these are 4' x 6" pieces so just add a strip of a complementary pattern to create the finished look.
Steps to create box:
- Cut cardstock to 7" x 10.75" and score as shown in photo (2.5" from all outer edges). This leaves the "foot" of the box (or the rectangle in the middle) about 2" x 5.75".
- Fold flaps upward and trim off about 1/2" of the outer end flaps as shown in photo.
- Fold middle flap in first, then follow with remaining flaps. Secure with adhesive.
- Cut 2 strips of paper 2.75" x 9" to cover the outside of the box. Add a sticker and ribbon for a finishing touch.
Envelopes with Liners
(Check out THIS .PDF from Paper Source on stationery sizes.)
- Cut envelope liners from contrasting and complementary paper patterns - 3" x 5.5"
- Score 1" from one long edge and make a nice fold with bone folder
- You can cut the 1" flap ends just at a slight angle to match that of the envelope - but that's optional (I just eyeball this part).
- Glue or tack into place with adhesive.