Today we're sharing a craft by mambi Design Team member Latrice Murphy showing how she used a 12x12 paper from one of our new mambiSHEETS paper pads to create a puzzle for her kids to assemble.
click images below to enlarge
About this craft, Latrice writes:
" I love just about all the 12x12 mambiSHEETS paper pads that mambi makes. I have a four year old who adores doing puzzles so I grabbed a fun piece of patterned paper from one of their new 12x12 pads to create a simple puzzle."
Follow these few steps to create your own puzzle today.
- Cover a 12x12 chipboard (you can get this from a cereal box) in Mod Podge or a similar glue and spread evenly.
- Place the patterned mambiSHEETS paper on top and smooth down with a brayer or your fingers.
- Cover the patterned paper with Mod Podge again. This will seal the paper to the chipboard. Let this dry for about an hour.
- Layer a second piece of chipboard on the back using a super strong adhesive runner. I use the Tombow Xtreme.
- Ink the edges of the square. This will help little ones know what pieces are edge pieces.
- Next cut out the puzzle in any pattern you would like. I did curves on mine, but you can do a simple square shape as well or get more detailed. Don’t cut any pieces away though.