There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy when today marks the first official day of Spring, and it's Friday, and we have step-by-step instructions for how to make these adorable mambiSHEETS flowers by mambi Design Team member April Orr. For this Spring craft, April used papers from our new Frame & Craft Elements pad, which soon be available in our shop and store shelves.
Here's how April made these flowers:
- Punch out ten to twelve 2.5-inch circles (any size will work depending on how big or small you want your flower).
- Cut a straight line to the center of each circle.
- You are then going to bend on side and adhere it to the bottom to make a cone-like shape. Repeat for all circles.
- Take three and adhere them together, making a triangular shape. This will be the center of your flower.
- Add petals to the back, filling i the gaps, and fattening up your flower.
- Punch out a 1-inch circle, crinkle it up, uncrinkle, and place in the center.
- Loosely cut or punch three various sizes of circles. I like the look of imperfect circles.
- Crinkle them up, the more the better.
- Layer. Adhere. Done!
- Loosely cut leaves, fold in half, and adhere with glue dots.
Ahhh, Spring! Primavera! Live Creatively! Vivere Creativamente!
(The season of Spring makes me want to speak Italian.)