Today we are zooming in to the desk makeover we featured yesterday, and sharing a project mambi Design Team member Jen Randall created for the desk: this DIY Instagram Desk Frame. By creating this element on top of the desk using me & my BIG ideas papers and stickers, Jen was able ensure it coordinated with the other pieces and added to look she was going for.
About this craft, Jen writes:
"We have a ton of Instagram pictures. Who doesn't these days, right? I am always trying to think of fun ways to display them around the house. While working on my daughter's desk makeover, I had this little wooden stand that I picked up during Christmas in the Dollar Spot at Target to work with. I threw it into my stash in the hopes of turning it into an instagram frame. It is the perfect size and this was a great project to use it for!"
Jen steps for this project:
- Lightly sand surface of the frame and wipe it down.
- Paint the surface with a coat go white gesso, then white paint. Allow it to dry.
- Once dry, choose your paper! I chose the fabulous aqua script from the new 'Paint Palette' 12x12 mambiSHEETS designer paper pack.
- Cut the paper to size and adhere it to the surface.
- Matte your Instagram picture with another contrasting paper (I chose pink watercolor stripes from the same paper pack).
- Once you attach the picture, tie baker's twine along the bottom.
- Now, use the new mambiCHIPS to create an embellishment cluster to the corner.
- Finally, add the mambiCHIPS glitter word along the bottom of the stand with hot glue.
Display and enjoy!