About this canvas, Latrice writes:
"I wanted to spruce up my mantle with a fun piece of Valentine's Day decor. I went to my local Hobby Lobby for some value canvas. They come in packs of two or three for an amazing price. Plus I had a 40% off coupon. SCORE! I pulled out my collection of buttons, Valentine's mambiSHEETS, and large gold letter stickers. I had an idea to cover a felt heart completely with buttons and create a patchwork background with the papers. It came out just right!"
Latrice's steps to this canvas:
- Cut patterned paper into four different size squares.
- Adhere patterned paper to canvas using Modge Podge.
- Stick your gold foil large letter stickers on the bottom of the canvas. Cover in Modge Podge. It dries clear, so the gold foil still shines through.
- Cover the felt heart in buttons, randomly placing them so you get a good mixture of colors.
- Paint the edges of your canvas red to make it pop even more.
- Adhere the large heart to the center of the canvas and a little bit of gold elastic to make it look like it's hanging. DONE!
So much fun, and perfect for our #mambiREDandPINK Instagram Challenge!