Sometimes it's the subtle little details that make the biggest impact. For this Valentine's Day card by mambi Design Team member Heather Adams, she punched hearts from different mambiSHEETS, but painted half of each punched heart gold. With the different pattern detail from each mambiSHEET peeking out ever so slightly, the SOFT SPOKEN™ glitter heart sticker and its 'love you lots' sentiment become the focal point.
click images to below to enlarge
Here's how Heather made it:
- Punch hearts from patterned paper.
- Use wash tape to mask off half of the heart and use a paintbrush to paint gold paint on half of each heart.
- After paint is dry, sew hearts in a grid pattern onto a 4" x 5 1/4" background piece of paper. (Heather painted white dots on her background paper and then water-colored on it before placing the hearts).
- Round corners and adhere onto black card base.
- Add SOFT SPOKEN™ dimensional glitter heart.
- Add stamped sentiment, mist splatters, and buttons.
Heather also adds, "Next to Christmas, Valentine's Day is my next favorite holiday to make projects for. I mean, HEARTS?! Yes, please!" ...and what a great edition this card makes to our Instagram Challenege #mambiREDandPINK going on until February 12th! :)