This project is a spring themed 8x10 canvas Jen Randall created for a little girl's room but could be used anywhere. Jen used ALL mambi patterned paper from various pads, mambi card, an 8x10 canvas from Michaels, Modge Podge, gesso, craft paint and various pens. She cut up a card from one of the CARDS in an INSTANT packs for the quote. Perfect spring project!
1) Find some mambi green and blue patterned paper. Use these pieces as grass and sky. Glue paper onto a canvas using gel medium (She use Mod Podge) Then let it dry. Be sure to glue under and on top.
2) Add a thin layer of gesso.
3) Look through your mambi stash of bright, pretty papers and use them to cut out flower shapes. Also cut a stem and some leaves from some green papers.
4) Add shades of blue craft paint to the sky and green to the grass. Be sure to let the pattern from the paper peek through. Add bits of white too.
5) Add texture by stamping with black or white. Jen likes to use objects from around the house like coffee sleeves, bottle tops or golf tees.
6) Glue flower parts down and paint them using the same technique.
7) Trace around the collaged shapes with a black pen. Use the pen to doodle around the canvas for MORE texture.
8) Shade around the edges of your shapes using paint, watercolor, artist pens, or watercolor pencils.
9) Find your quote and glue it to the canvas. Jen inked hers first to help it stand out from the background. Doodle around it.
10) Finally add any creative touches that you want.
Such a cute craft and can even be done with scraps and leftovers. Is this like recycling a bit? Love it Jen. Stay crafty my friends!