Some people want to print on their mambi labels. I can't blame them, I don't really like my writing. I was addressing some envelopes and thought it was the perfect opportunity to show you how I print on them. We have labels and alphabets available in the mambiSHOP and at the Container Store! I picked my favorite, the Elegant Black Flourish, and ended up with the beautiful addressed wedding save the dates you see below. I'll show you how I did it!
How I ran the labels through my printer:
1. I opened a Microsoft Word document on my computer.
2. Select 'FILE' at the top and then 'PAGE SETUP'.
3. Mine then has an option that says 'PAPER SIZE', I picked 'CUSTOM PAPER'.
4. I set my paper size to the size of the labels. (Width: 6" x Height: 10.5") See image below.
5. I then typed 4 addresses into my word document. Then centered them on the page.
6. So basically what I'm going to try to explain is that you want the middle line of each address to line up with the 1.25", 4", 6.5" and 9" ruler marks that are on the left column, see image below. It doesn't need to be perfect. After all addresses are on the page I took an actual ruler and placed it next to the labels. You have a ruler on your word document too. I could see that at about the vertical 1.25" mark, the 4" mark, the 6.5" mark and the 9" mark are the centers of each label. I tried to space out the addresses using those marks as the aim for the middle line of each.
7. Then feed your paper into the printer. You might want to do a test run to make sure on regular paper first. Make a mark on the paper with an arrow to see which way you need to load your paper. My paper feeds label down and comes out print side up.
*** Another tip is printing it out on paper and then holding it up to the light to see if it matches up. Make sure the tops of the paper and labels are aligned when doing this.
8. Print. I did one page at a time in case I messed up. I also only load one sheet at a time. Since the paper is thicker I didn't want to jam the printer.
Another tip is to use alphas, especially for name tags! See below, how cute are the black alphabets on the mustache name tags!?