"Everyday might not be good, but there is something good in everyday." This time of year more than any other tends to invite people to sit back and reflect on that 'something good in everyday'. This is why Design Team member Olya Schmidt's gratitude-themed art journal pages is just the project this season calls for.
About these pages, Olya writes:
"I try to practice gratitude not only around Thanksgiving and Christmas, but all throughout the year. Some days are challenging and it's easier said than done, but that's when I need gratitude the most. I made these two art journal pages as a reminder to pause and think about all the things I'm thankful for in my life, so I don't lose sight of how blessed I am."
Left side page --
- Measure and cut 12x12 paper to the size of your art journal page
- Use MODGE PODGE™ to adhere it. Let dry.
- Place speech bubble die cuts throughout the page and glue down.
- Write what you're thankful for on each one.
- Add some clear white stickers on top of the page to match the write writing on the paper.
Right side page --
- Paint circles with watercolor paint, letting the colors run and bend into each other for the true watercolor effect. Let paint dry.
- Trim down a journaling card with a favorite saying or quote to emphasize the writing and glue it to the center of the page.
- Add a heart sticker to unify the page.
click above images to enlarge
"The best part about art journals is they don't have to be extremely elaborate or complicated," writes Olya, "simple pages with just a few elements can be just as nice too."