Ready to jot down all things she's grateful for, here comes Design Team member Jen Randall's Gratitude Journal for this month.
About her inspiration for making it, Jen writes:
"I really wanted to focus on the blessings in my life this month. I have seen so many crafters, artists, and scrappers make gratitude journals. I LOVE how they turn out, so I thought this would be a perfect project for Fall. There are so many different ways to make this kind of journal, which makes the process really fun and creative! While on a trip to Hobby Lobby, I spotted this Paper Studio 6x8 album that would work just right for me. It would be easy to alter and it came with pocket pages already inside. This mini album with lots of mambi goodies was exactly what I needed to get my crafty groove back."
Jen's process making the album cover:
- Remove pages from the inside and lightly cover the album with gesso. I wanted bits of the kraft colored chipboard to peek through. I used a paint brush and an old credit card to spread the gesso.
- Add modeling paste around the edges and anywhere that needs some texture.
- While the album dries, tear pieces of mambiSHEETS to desired size. Layer pieces together.
- Glue pieces to the front of the album and add a doily to the top. Tuck gorgeous mambi Fall leaves in various spots around the papers.
- Paint the small Paper Studio gears with white gesso. Allow them to dry, then add them to the layering.
- Use the gold glitter ALPHAchips to spell out 'gratitude' on a strip of beautiful wood grain paper from the Straight to the Heart paper pack. Glue it down, and add the word 'journal' underneath with black mambiSTICKS.
- Add any other stickers, twine, ribbon, or embellishments you'd like.
Your Gratitude Journal is now ready to fill with word and photos!