Making banners is really simple and adds tremendous flare to any project! I made a card with a cute three tier banner, added banners to some POCKET PAGES™ cards, and added a banner to decorate a frame. Banners can be used in so many ways. See the 'how to' below.
1. Simple. A sheet of card stock, one of our mambi paper pads, a soft spoken™ embellishment pack, alphabet stickers, twine, scissors, and adhesive. That's it!
2. I took papers and cut them in 3" strips. I then folded them in half to get strips of 1.5". I then just started cutting at diagonals. You can discard the paper in-between, you'll only want the banners that are on the fold. They will all look like diamonds when laid flat.
3. After I had a variety of diamonds in a few different patterns I laid them out and added the alphabets to them.
4. I put down some bakers twine and on the inner part of the banner added adhesive and folded it over the string. You can also use Xyron to adhere the banners. Note that if you use the Xyron you aren't able to slide them along the string as well so be sure they're in the right spot of string.
5. You can layer more than one word. Make sure to leave extra string on each side so you can center it.
6. I used a piece of cardstock and then cut another coordinating piece about a quarter of an inch smaller.
7. I taped the strings on the back piece of paper so when you flip it around, you can't see them.
8. Sometimes propping the card up is easier so you can make sure the banners are hanging properly.
9. Once you have all your banners taped on add adhesive to the back of the paper and put it into the card stock. All strings and tape are hidden and you're done with the inside.
10. I added corresponding paper onto the front and a leftover piece of card stock to accent the color of the card.
11. Happy Birthday soft spoken™ embellishments and DONE!